Pistols > Model 1934 Pistol

Mauser 1910/34 slide doesn't lock

(1/1)

kgv1944:
I bought my gun without the magazine. When I got it the striker was cocked for God knows how long.
Now I got the magazine and inserted it in the gun. Then I removed the magazine and pulled the slide back so it locked. After inserting the magazine the slide was released. I then dry fired the gun. Everything looked and feeled normal.
But now I cannot get the slide back far enough to lock. So I now i cannot fire or disassemble the gun.
I think that the problem lies in striker. Any ideas how I can fix this?

1914mauser:
You could try removing the grip and then the magazine catch which puts tension on the hold open. After the spring is removed you may be able to pull the slide all the way back. If not, there may be something internal that is broken and preventing the slide from traveling all the way back. Please realize it is very difficult to trouble shoot mechanical problems via a forum. Regards,   

kgv1944:
Thank you for your answer. I am looking for ideas or experiences rather than a solution.

The slide overhangs the barrel for just 1 millimeter but that is as far as I can get it by hand.

As far as I can see it the problem started after dry fire. I can see the back of the striker coming through the hole in the back of the pistol.
Could it be that the problem is the strikers spring? Too long maybe?

kgv1944:
I managed to get the pistol working.
I gave the pistol a good squirt of oil, removed the bolt retainer spring, cleaned and moved the striker spring a little with a toothpick, and the bolt moved and locked.
Now everything works as it should.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version